Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Berlin - Poland - Berlin

 3 days trip around Berlin including a day in Poland.

Berlin - Bad Freienwalde 82 Km

Easy relaxing afternoon ride to Bad Freienwalde after a morning in Berlin. Bad Freiendale is surrounded by forest a perfect location for mountain biking. It is also a few kilometers away from Poland where I intend to bike. My back wheel gave up around Berlin, 2 spokes were broken and the others were about to collapse fortunately there is a very good bike shop in Bad Freienwalde, the owner speaks a perfect english, service and work quality is fantastic and pricing is reasonable, the bike was fixed in less than an hour. The shop deals mainly with Cube bikes, a german manufacturer. This is the web site  www.rad-freienwalde.de you can't miss the shop in the main shopping street of Bad Freienwalde.
Because of the bike repair I couldn't find a camp site but went to a B&B for 35 euros.







Bad Freienwalde - Chojna - Niederfinow 112 km

This morning I went exploring 50 km of Polish territory. The road to Chojna was all right, not too many trucks and nice countryside, very different from Germany once you pass the river oder. Chojna is a city were you have a few achitectural buidings from the 15th century. I then took the road to Schwedt Oder,     this is a dangerous road with lots of trucks, sadly there are prostitutes every 2 kilometers or less waiting for customers and thinking I was one. Lots of "hello mijn Liebe" for 20 km. On top of this some fast drivers were overestimating their driving abilities and I almost witnesses an accident. I was glad to find Germany again.
Schwedt Oder is a "nature reserve city" from there I followed the Oder and despite the rain it was a fantastic ride, I spotted about 15 deers and saw numerous beautiful birds. I cycled along the Oder until Oderberg then entered an other parc, the Biosphere Reserve of Chorin, found a camping along a river in Niederfinow. I am the only customer, no one seem crazy enough to camp in this cold weather but it is a fantastic evening the owner lit a fire for me in a cabin and they have a dark beer to keep me warm before I find my sleeping bag.
Camping 7,50 euros







Niederfinow - Berlin 88 km

Nice road along the river to Eberswalde, then through the forest to Berlin, I followed a cycle path from Eberswalde to Berlin.






1 comment:

viviane personne said...

Super ! 20 ans en arrière, j'aimerai faire ce voyage à vélo.........
BISOUSSSSSSSS